Monday, June 22, 2009

Flaming Gorge

This last weekend I went to Flaming Gorge with some friends to fish for the weekend. I did to expect to be a die hard, but it ended up being that way! We spent all day, I mean ALL day on the boat trying to catch Lake Trout. It takes a lot of patience, so it was difficult for me! It was such an amazing time, especially since I had only caught 2 fish in my whole life prior to this weekend. The final count was 16 small mouth bass, 6 rainbow trout, and 2 lake trout. Not to shabby!

24 pounds of Lake Trout! Yeah buddy!

Marc and I with my first Rainbow. I did not want to hold it beause he was flopping all over the place! (I look a little wind-blown, yuck!)

Action photo of reeling in my big one! It took a good 10 minutes to get him in the boat. My arms killed!

This is my 21 pound Lake Trout. Not quite as impressive! But not too bad!

Releasing him back.

6 comments:

Jeff and Kellie said...

yay for big fishies, and little ones too. im so proud of you. really!

Sam & Sam Pontious said...

EEeewww!! Is all I can say, poor little fishies' I can't believe you did that to them! ha ha your brave I would never touch that thing! Sick, crazy sick stuff!! :) Look at you your the outdoorzee' woman! :) pretty cool but glad it's you and not me!

Jenn said...

Oh wow! C says "Holy Cow!". What a woman you are! And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Love ya!

l.g. mcfifi said...

yeah buddy is right-great fish!- good job on the 5 k as well

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

That is a massive fish. Jason would be jealous. We spent all day fishing in Kansas and caught one two inch long fish. LAME! Oh! and Happy b-day to the oldy moldy!!!

Skelley Family said...

Holy Crap! That is the coolest! I would've been so excited....what a rush! I'm so proud of ya lyns....so dang fun! Your are so beautiful!!!!!!